If you’re wondering about aspergrass see my recent post “Did you say Aspergrass?” Since my asparagus is still producing and I’ve wanted to try some new recipes, the Asparagus and Cheese Tart starred brunch today. After making some slight adjustments to suit my taste (noted below) this recipe is a fave:
- I grilled some of the asparagus (as depicted in the photo) then blanched the rest according to the recipe. I also:
- Increased the lemon zest from 1/2 tsp. to 3/4-1 tsp.
- Increased the shallot from 1 tbl to 1 whole shallot
- Used 3/4 cup each of shredded fontina and gruyere cheeses
- Reduced the extra-virgin olive oil to 1 tsp.
- For an interesting dimension, drizzle a drop or so of balsamic reduction on a bite at eating time.
If you love asparagus, try this recipe and let me know if it’s made it’s way to your favorites too!
Brunch consisted of herbal ice tea, the asparagus tart, fresh greens from the garden with lemon olive oil and kosher salt, (homegrown tomatoes are not ready yet), and uncured bacon. Yes, I am still a carnivore.